July 9, 2010

SignWriting Course July 2010

Val's writing of PISOURD, or BONUS (they seem to be the same thing)
http://www.pisourd.ch/index.php?theme=1002
http://www.pisourd.ch/index.php?theme=1010

Val's writing
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=749

Notice that I wrote the facial expression as "tense lips". Sometimes, when a sign has a tense symbol above the movement of the handshape, the lips seem tense too...the tension of the hand is emphasized by the tension on the lips - this can be true in ASL, for signs like YOUR or YOURS...at least, that is my way of writing it for ASL...it may be analyzed differently if one is French-Swiss, since these are French-Swiss signs -

Writing a foreign sign language from a video is a different experience than if you are writing your own sign language from a video -

I could not find writings of this sentence for either Dali or Stefan and that is ok -