September 3, 2010

> On Sep 3, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> Uuups Valerie, the airplane in the lower part of your graphic will not made it.

Hello Stefan and everyone -
smile....If you are talking about the second sign in the attached, I believe that is correctly signed that way within ASL sentences, whether it is logical or not when looking at a single sign ...smile... but I am not an ASL expert and I must leave these issues to the signers who write them -  for all I know the one that I wrote is not correct in ASL - I have no one here to help me with that kind of feedback -

So here is a good question, Stefan - can you show us a sign from German Sign Language or Signed German, that uses the Diagonal arrow forward or back?

And does anyone else have a sign they can show us from LIBRAS or another sign language? That might help the discussion...smile...

Someone told me yesterday that they wish we would use more examples from other sign languages rather than ASL, so here is a good time to start...

Val ;-)