It is not an international sign...It is similar to the ASL sign for "looking up something" in a dictionary or an encyclopedia, and with the added "W" handshape from ASL fingerspelling, which creates an "initialized" sign...the sign starts with the letter of the English word that is related to the sign (namely Wikipedia) - this is not really ASL, but might be a sign that ASL signers would recognize well...

But would BSL signers understand the above sign? The W handshape is not the letter for W in BSL fingerspelling, and the sign for dictionary is most likely quite different in BSL...

It would be best if we wait for Deaf people, no matter what the country, to choose the sign that seems the most natural or generic for them...perhaps from International signs used among western nations...usually new technical terms are fingerspelled in conversation because they are like foreign words that do not have signs yet...

Meanwhile, Thorsteinn, Alan Post already added the above sign in the ASL dictionary, so you could use that sign until we all agree on something official...

By the way, have you visited our test area for the SignWriting Wiki? An improved version of the SignWriting MediaWiki Plugin software is coming in November (we hope ;-), but right now this test area has been very useful:

SignWriting Wiki articles in ASL
http://www.signbank.org/wiki/index.php?title=Charles-Michel_de_l%27%C3%89p%C3%A9e

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages