Using the dot is not necessary however, because people memorize that the thumb line on the dark side of the palm facing, means the thumb side -

So your pictures have NOTHING to do with right or left hands from my point of view - the answer is, wherever the palm is facing - place the white part of the symbol in that direction. Then place the thumb line on the black side of the symbol no matter what, if the thumb is to the side....or use a dot if that would help you -

See attached...I have placed my answers in your question marks -