I think it would be understood well....I just wrote it in SignPuddle:

Brasilian SignPuddle Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=12&sgn=46

For me, the Surface Symbol isn't necessary. I personally rarely write with Surface Symbols. And I don't think that the arm lines are needed, since this sign is a well-known sign, used in other sign languages as well - it is very similar to the sign for YEAR in ASL...the simpler the writing the better, at least that is what our goal is here...

How do all of you feel about this?

Val ;-)

-----