That's just what a hijacker would do - flame people to make a person look bad.  I find it hard to believe that you would want to look rude, uncaring and disrespectful over a simple request to be removed from a listserv.   Sounds more like you were frustrated trying to kill this person's account as you're unfamiliar with secure listservs and turned to the one source that could tell you the answer.

Bill