I think you are referring to the vertical nature of compound signs? There is a space between the two Shoulder Lines in the compound sign (or 2-part sign), that is larger than the space is for the Torso. That is why I did not think of that being a confusion. But I am glad you told me that could be confusing for others...

I write compound signs going down vertically, because most of our documents are written in vertical columns here...and a white space is enough to make it clear that they are two parts to a sign...at least it seems to be readable to me...

But your point gives importance to my actual feelings  - I prefer using the Neck Symbol because it is clearer, I think, in these examples.  So indirectly you have made my point, that the Neck Symbol is so visual and so obvious, that the Shoulder Lines are not needed some of the time - in this case, I would use the Neck Symbols, especially if you feel that the two Shoulder Lines in the sign for BABDOR can be mis-read -

Let's use the Neck Symbol more for these kinds of signs, is my suggestion...it is better for the ASL sign too, I think...