Val,
I edit a newsletter and know just how important it is to get feedback.  It gave me the opportunity to review the punctuation symbols, too.  :-)

Bill

On 2/4/2011 2:50 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
SignWriting List
February 4, 2011

Hello Bill!
Thank you for bringing up the issue of Punctuation...I love these discussions about SignWriting Symbols!

You understand the SignWriting Punctuation symbols very well, Bill, and you are right that the magazine article needs to be corrected.

Your sentence correctly shows first, a comma (pause), and then two question marks, which would fit with the English punctuation of "Hello, how you? fine?"....

But let's go over Punctuation Symbols ...Attached is my new diagram showing Bill's sentence on the left which is based on: Hello, how you? fine? , and also a new version of mine on the right, which is based on: Hello. How you? Fine!

smile....

Val ;-) Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator [log in to unmask] Post Messages to the SignWriting List: [log in to unmask] SignWriting List Archives & Home Page http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1