Yes, Val, keep it up! Everybody has to learn the symbols and parts of symbols, so as to know what gestures are being written. This ought to work for everybody; it is a little like
learning a very large alphabet, or like learning the various parts of Chinese characters. Now maybe I can learn ASL through learning the significance of many symbols; I will
learn the word-order of ASL sentences by observing the order of the symbols. Great!

Becky Moreton