March 24, 2011

Hello Erika and everyone -
Thank you for your well wishes and I know my parents really enjoyed visiting with you too...as did I...Your research with SignWriting, Erika, is important...how is it going?

My mother placed your photo on the wall near her computer in the kitchen...the photo when you visited Malta, with Maria and her children on the beach...my mother liked that photo! And your son Leo is adorable! Hi to Leo in return...smile...

I plan to post a tribute to a SignWriting pioneer from Italy, Dr. Elena Pizzuto, who has touched my life. I have been grieved by her quick passing and when I went onto the memorial site that was posted by Claudia Bianchini (thank you Claudia!), I was amazed to see some SignWriting there:

Memorial to Elena Pizzuto
http://www.visel.cnr.it/index.php?

I want you to know, Claudia, that I will be in touch with you later, to ask how I can post a tribute to Elena on our SignWriting site - She is truly missed...

So life goes on, and we all are fortunate to know each other -

Meanwhile, SignWriting work here is progressing. Steve Slevinski is doing excellent work developing a new version of SignPuddle, version 1.6, and we are working towards presenting SignWriting before a Unicode-related committee in June. Although my work has been somewhat on hold recently, I plan to get back to work soon...I look forward to it!

Val ;-)

---------