From: Erika Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, April 8, 2011 1:51:26 PM
Subject: question about dictionaries

Hi all!
In the article I am revising I want to address briefly in a footnote the issue of ordering of signs in SL dictionaries using SW. The reviewer of my article was speculating that Stokoe might have chosen to arrange the elements of a sign in a linear fashion to facilitate clear ordering of signs for the creation of dictionaries. S/he wondered how this issue is handled for SW. I have a sense of how the issue is approached, but I figured it was better to ask the list rather than risk getting it wrong in print!
Thanks!
Erika

--
Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway