Stuart,

Wow, that was a lot of work!  I do have one question.  How would the most recent work in Unicode and, more particularly, what Steve Slevinski has written to the list affect the portion where you talk about what may be needed for successful Unicode acceptance?   From what it appears, it's well on it's way to acceptance with what Steve and Michael Everson have done.

Bill