I just re-read this, this is bicycle motion. The left hand moves up and over away from the reader, the right hand moves up and over away from the reader. The motions are pointed toward the center so that they are parallel. The dark part of the circle is toward the reader, so up toward the chest and over.

From: Adam Frost <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2011 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: Query on SignWriting - Editing problem

The way that I understand the timing symbols is that they just add information to how the sign is produced rather than changing how a sign is produced. That is why I don't usually write with the timing symbols because the arrows usually are enough. If I were to try to sign the first writing, I would get: