July 30, 2011

Yes, each column is attached as a graphic, when using the SignMail program, so since Cherie's translation has two columns of SignWriting, there are two graphic attachments...

We write sentences down, in vertical columns, in SignWriting. The left column is written and read first. It is a sentence and it continues to the right column.

SignWriting is a real writing system and is not drawing. It doesn't take artistic ability to write in SignWriting. But software oftentimes sees it as graphics. That will change when SignWriting gets into Unicode - we are working on that - and there are other formats that also see SignWriting as real text, and not graphics - that is why we call the part of SignPuddle that writes documents "SignText"...smile...

So for your work, if you can include both columns you will have the full translation that Cherie wrote.

Cherie - Stefan has a point about the head movement, which is probably up and down, but the single stemmed arrows is the head moving forward and back like in belly dancing and other exotic head movements ;-))

Thank you, Cherie, for the translation - very nice -

Val ;-)

-----