July 31, 2011

That will be wonderful, Nikhil - Thank you for the message below...Very interesting message...

I hope someday to see signs from the Sign Languages of India written in SignPuddle... It will be interesting to learn about the issues of Deaf culture in India too -

Your contacts are welcome to join the SignWriting List, and all languages are welcome - Thanks to Google translate and other programs, I would assume they could post messages in the spoken language of their region, and we will be able to translate what they say and discuss things on the List with no problem - We actually teach SignWriting here on the List to anyone who asks a question, so they can start one step at a time...

If your friend signs ASL, then he can access the ASL SignPuddle immediately to start:

ASL SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-US

We also have a separate SignPuddle dictionary for India and Pakistan (I did not realize the dialects blended between the two countries):

Pakistan SignPuddle Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=87

India SignPuddle Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=85

As you know, they can join the List here: