July 31, 2011

On Jul 31, 2011, at 6:52 AM, Sharon Collier wrote:

Hello Everyone!
I was recently at Gallaudet University to take a summer course, and I noticed in the bookstore that there is a Sign Writing dictionary there for sale! It made me smile. :-) Cheers, Sharon

Hello Sharon and Everyone!

I am happy that you studied at Gallaudet University this summer, Sharon. Is that for your ASL Interpreting degree?

Thank you for telling us about the ASL Dictionary at Gallaudet Bookstore. I assume it was in a big notebook, with this photo on the front? (see attached graphic).

Gallaudet Bookstore ordered a large quantity of these dictionaries in a notebook, back in late 2003, and they were put on the shelves in early 2004...I guess they have a few left over... They also ordered some in the year 2000, and those sold out, so they re-ordered in 2003...

Charles is correct that we need to publish a better dictionary for ASL in the future - that is for sure!

The Lessons in SignWriting DVD series is also in the Gallaudet Library...

Thank you, Sharon, for this message -