Hi Val, Adam, Charles, Bill ... friends of the sw-list,

It is interesting to learn that there must be something about these
thumb-hand-hand shapes that seems to allow people to see it from different
point of views.

Obviously Adam and Val see the hand in a way that Charles and me cannot
understand. How hard I try I cannot follow your explanations.

Nevertheless I would  love to understand the way you look at it.

One way may be to offer a symbol next to the foto

I prepared such a graphic.

In order to show the hand orientation in your writing Bill  which is
perfect from my point of view (showing the   r i g h t   three fingers claw
hand to the left  as if holding a red nose of the clown)

I took this foto.

I think it is not that much of importance for this discussion how far the
hand is pointing to the right  (20  or 45 -- the r i g h t  hand  would
show the thumb on the right side -- ;-)))

In this case Valerie there is no extra rule necessary  what do you think?

Stefan ;-)

  _____