Hi Val, Adam, Charles, Bill ... friends of the sw-list,

It is interesting to learn that there must be something about these thumb-hand-hand shapes that seems to allow people to see it from different point of views.

Obviously Adam and Val see the hand in a way that Charles and me cannot understand. How hard I try I cannot follow your explanations.

Nevertheless I would  love to understand the way you look at it.

One way may be to offer a symbol next to the foto –

I prepared such a graphic.

In order to show the hand orientation in your writing Bill – which is perfect from my point of view (showing the   r i g h t   three fingers claw hand to the left – as if holding a red nose of the clown)

I took this foto.

I think it is not that much of importance for this discussion how far the hand is pointing to the right  (20°  or 45° -- the r i g h t  hand  would show the thumb on the right side -- ;-)))

In this case Valerie there is no extra rule necessary – what do you think?

Stefan ;-)