Hi Ingvild,
    I only know of this way.  There might be a more straight forward way to do it though.  I hope this get you out of the bind.
    Once you have the the SVG showing in the column maker.  Right click in Firefox and choose show source.  At the bottom of the source you will something similar to.
 src="http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/glyphogram.php?style=svg1&text=M230x1200S3600088x20
It's underlined. If you have more than one column, you might have more than one of these.

 Click on it and it will open the svg document.

 Save the file.  Make sure to put an svg extention on it like so "myfilename.svg"

To test it open it in FireFox.

Jonathan