Hi Ingvild, Valerie, Jonathan, Steve and friends, ...

First of all ...

Second:

I spent some time to understand the postings about Ingvild’s problem with the quality of the graphics for publishing.

Finally I found a neat work around and I hope it works...

Once you have finished the graphics with  SignPuddle  Column-Maker  (SVG Refinement)  right click on the given column and look for  “Print actual frame”

I installed a program called  PDF24  - and voila I get a perfect PDF of this column as you can see in the attached Merry Christmas file ;-)

If you want to, you can open the PDF in Photoshop in order to continue your work. In this case a wrote the same text from left to right..

I feel so happy that this procedure is working. Wow – Adam – and Steve and Valerie your cooperation allowed us to print materials with excellent graphics quality. Congratulations!!

I do not know yet what the publisher for literature would say – but to me it looks good.

Hope all of you are doing fine!

Stefan

SignWriting List

December 20, 2011

I am glad to know this too, Ingvild - To finally have publishers and printers stating that our graphics quality is excellent is a big step forward, because before SVG, we had bitmaps with staircased-circles, so this is great news they could use svg for publishing printed materials -

Not everyone knows how to use .svg - it is great on the web, but to use it inside book-layout-software is another story - I hope to learn how to do this myself later -

what would really help, Steve, is to be able to print to PDF from ColumnMaker once the svg format is refreshed and ready to go - svg to pdf is needed -

Val ;-)