Hi Bill,

I could open the attachment.

This is so funny – well there is a dramatic change within the symbols. Obviously this method does not work. ;-(

Stefan

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Bill Reese
Gesendet: Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 20:39
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: our graphics quality is excellent

Although ... still can't seem to post svg in the body of an email ...

Let's see if an attachment works ...

Bill

On 12/26/2011 1:32 PM, Bill Reese wrote:

Some people don't have Photoshop so I looked for a another way to work with Stepan's PDF files.

I opened his PDF file of the column in GSview, which runs Ghostscript.  I then chose Edit->convert to vector format->magick driver.  This driver uses GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick to do conversions.  I have GraphicsMagick installed on the Windows XP system I was doing this on.   When naming the output file, I gave it an ".svg" extension, which tells the driver what format I want to convert to.  After conversion, I opened the file in Inkscape and deleted a couple of black boxes obscuring the images and also a black curve in the arrow of the the fourth sign.   Then, like Stefan, I did a little different layout, grouping into signs first, then moving the signs around.

[log in to unmask]" moz-do-not-send=true>

Bill