Hi Valerie,

interesting to me – he is writing from left to right -;-))

Stefan

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2011 19:05
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: HONDURAS SignWriting Notetaking from Video using stick figures

SignWriting List

December 30, 2011

Jonathan Duncan sent me this photo of SignWriting notetaking (handwriting) written by a Deaf member of Jonathan's team, in Honduras. This writer chooses to write stick figures with heads, just as they still do in Denmark… As you can see, SignWriting is used differently around the world. It began as a full stick figure writing system and evolved into a system that generally does not use stick figures…but this is not true for everyone - stick figures are very sophisticated. They look like drawings but really, in the case of SignWriting, are not, because this writer is writing Honduran Sign Language from video as a language - The stick figure helps to anchor the writing for some writers...Thank you, Jonathan, for sharing this photo…