Hi Bill,

On 2/22/12 4:32 PM, Bill Reese wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">That looks great Steve.  In the PDF, 7.D, "Horizontal Layout" (page 23 of 42), it says "Signs with head symbols are centered in the upper head lane."  In the example, though, you just show signs that have heads at the top and the heads are centered, not the whole sign.

Thanks for looking.  I need to add illustrations to section 7.B.3 Center.  It states "If a SignBox contains head symbols, then the vertical center is the midpoint of the tight bounding box around the head symbols."

The signs above have their center marked by horizontal and vertical lines.  The first sign and the last sign are the same except for the heads.  The presence of the head symbol means a different centering rule needs to be applied to the sign itself.

If we look at the example of horizontal writing...

The first sign contains a head, which implies two things:
1) by section 7.B.3, the vertical center of the sign is the midpoint of the tight bounding box around the head symbols
2) by section 7.D, the center of the sign is aligned with the upper head lane

The second sign does not contain a head, which implies two things:
1) the center of the sign is the midpoint of the tight bounding box around all of the symbols
2) the center of the sign is aligned with the middle lane.

I hope that makes sense.  I will plane to add illustrations in section 7.B.3 and try to add a better explanation to section 7.D.

Regards,
-Steve