Print

Print


Sory, I loose half of my message; here it is again!!


think it depend on what you think that using SW is! It's depend on the
project (transcription, writing, education, translation, informatics?), the
people involved, the cities involved...
Can we tell Italian use SW? There is a group of italians using SW, but
there are less than 10 persons (we just start spreading SW, after 10 years
studing it for research purposes, so now we have about 50-60 persons
knowing it, but did they use it? I don't know!). By the way, they use it
massively to research purpose envolving writing and transcription. So we
can't tel that Italians (all!!!) use SW, but we can thel that there is a
"pole of excelence" on SW in Rome.
I think that it very hard to speak about countries using it. I prefere to
think that there are places where SW is used: Rome (10 persons), Toulouse
(1 person), La Jolla (Valerie and the DAC's members)... Maybe in some
palces it's more extended, because they use it at scool (but to be
considered "spread" it have to be more than one single scool, I think). I
hope that, frome those "pole of excelence" we can spread SW all around us,
but it's not already done! We have to work harder!!! :-)



2012/2/8 Claudia S. Bianchini <[log in to unmask]>

> I think it depends on what you think that using SW is! It's depend on the
> project (transcription, writing, education, translation, informatics?), the
> people involved, the cities involved...
> Can we tell Italians use SW? There is a group of italians using SW, but
> there are less than 10 persons (we just start spreading SW, after 10 years
> studing it for research purposes, so now we have about 50-60 persons
> knowing it, but did they use it? I don't know!). By the way, they use it
> massively to research purpose envolving writing and transcription. So we
> can't tel that Italians (all!!!) use SW, but we can tell that there is a
> "pole of excelence" on SW in Rome.
>
> I think that it very hard to speak about countries using it. I prefere to
> think that there are places where SW is used: Rome (10 persons), Toulouse
> (1 person), La Jolla (Valerie and the DAC's members)... Maybe in some
> palces it's more extended, because they use it at scool (but to be
> considered "spread" it have to be more than one single scool, I think). I
> hope that, frome those "pole of excelence" we can spread SW all around us,
> but it's not already done! We have to work harder!!! :-)
>
>  2012/2/8 Madson Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
>
>>   Hello all,
>>
>> I followed the discussions in the forum and via email
>> every day I see people of all countries participating.
>> I have a question:
>>
>> Who we are (how many countries currently use the SignWriting)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Madson Barreto
>>
>
>
>
> --
> *Claudia S. Bianchini*
> *PhD student
> Univ. Paris8 / UMR7023
> Univ. Studi Perugia / ISTC-CNR*
>
>


-- 
*Claudia S. Bianchini*
*PhD student
Univ. Paris8 / UMR7023
Univ. Studi Perugia / ISTC-CNR*