Subject: SignWriting Display in Thorne Library, Mount Vernon, Ohio
Date: February 14, 2012

Valerie
We have created our SignWriting display.

I have attached a picture of the display that was created using your SignWriting books and media which are all now cataloged and will be available to our patrons who would like to check them out.

The display will be up through March (maybe longer). We typically have 1 to 2 months before we switch things out.

Soon, we will be posting on our Facebook page as well. http://www.facebook.com/mvnulibrary

I am the one that started this project for our library. I have been following SignWriting (and DanceWriting) for years. I remember the original program for SignWriting. While I am not deaf, I have had a fascination with sign language all of my life.

You may be interested to know that our library is part of a library consortium in Ohio called OhioLINK. It is a consortium of all the major academic libraries (including Oberlin College and the state schools). I noticed that there were only a couple of SignWriting items in the entire consortium. That is why I decided we needed to have better representation of this fascinating linguistic tool.

David E. Tipton, Library Director
Thorne Library/Learning Resource Center
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050-9500
Voice: (740) 397-9000 x4241  Fax: (740) 397-8847

SignWriting_Display_Thorne_Library_Feb2012_14.jpg

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignPuddle Online
Write SignWriting in the Clouds!