“We have to work harder!!! :-)”

Cannot stop laughing! ;-)

Stefan

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Claudia S. Bianchini
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012 13:53
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: Who we are?/ How many?

I think it depends on what you think that using SW is! It's depend on the project (transcription, writing, education, translation, informatics?), the people involved, the cities involved...
Can we tell Italians use SW? There is a group of italians using SW, but there are less than 10 persons (we just start spreading SW, after 10 years studing it for research purposes, so now we have about 50-60 persons knowing it, but did they use it? I don't know!). By the way, they use it massively to research purpose envolving writing and transcription. So we can't tel that Italians (all!!!) use SW, but we can tell that there is a "pole of excelence" on SW in Rome.
I think that it very hard to speak about countries using it. I prefere to think that there are places where SW is used: Rome (10 persons), Toulouse (1 person), La Jolla (Valerie and the DAC's members)... Maybe in some palces it's more extended, because they use it at scool (but to be considered "spread" it have to be more than one single scool, I think). I hope that, frome those "pole of excelence" we can spread SW all around us, but it's not already done! We have to work harder!!! :-)