SignWriting List
March 25, 2012

Hello Yuri and everyone!

THANK YOU, Yuri, for writing this beautiful sign, and doing such a creative job. It is a pretty sign, like art!

And thank you for accepting my comments, I appreciate your openness and interest in writing so that we all can read the signs.

First, I can see that perhaps you are using old software to write signs? Maybe you are using SW-Edit or SignWriter DOS?

SW-Edit is an excellent program developed in Brazil, by Dr. Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa and Rafael Piccin Torchelsen.

SW-Edit
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/software/archive/softarc11.html

I would be happy to help the developers update SW-Edit, if they have the time. Or perhaps someone else can help to update the software. The problem is that SW-Edit has not been updated since the International SignWriting Alphabet was developed, so this means that you are using out-of-date symbols in SW-Edit. You are not using the ISWA 2010, when you use SW-Edit. The same with SignWriter DOS. It is out-of-date too.

Can you use SignPuddle Online for Brazil? That would be better, so you are using the same symbols as the rest of the world.

SignPuddle for Brazil
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index3.html#sgn-BR

So the first thing I want to explain is that the symbols have changed for Circles. The dotted circles do not exist any longer. They look like this instead. They are double-stemmed: