SignWriting List
March 5, 2012

Hello Madson - Thank you for posting the photos below - that helped so much!

That is a hard sign to write easily -

Just like Charles, when I read the way it was written in SignWriting before, I did not realize we were dealing with both right and left hands. In a case like this, I would suggest writing arm lines attached to the two hands in the beginning…that way there is no doubt for the reader that we are starting with two hands -

As you know, SignWriting originally started as a stick-figure writing system, and in this case, adding arm lines will help the reader, whether you write from the Front View or the Overhead View…

So try writing it again if you can -

Val ;-)

-------