Dear all,
Sorry for the delay! After much consultation with older and younger Egyptian signers, and their signs for Sunday/Christian fall somewhere between the two attached photos. The straight or slightly bent middle finger is placed above the index finger. The remaining fingers are usually in a closed fist. I'm told that what the thumb is doing is irrelevant, as long as it's not in the way of the index and middle fingers.