From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Valerie Sutton
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">SignWriting List
Cc: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Gagnon et Thibeault
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:35 PM
Subject: "Translate Back" feature not in SignPuddle ;-)

SignWriting List
June 19, 2012

Hello Andre!
Thank you for this message below, regarding the idea of a new feature "Translate Back". Steve tells me that he is not planning that feature right now, I am sorry… There are so many other requests for him to do…

Since we can use "Search by Symbols" to find the meaning of individual signs, I do not feel the need for a Translate Back feature ....

But, maybe someday. Now that we have your idea, it will start us thinking about it…

Thank you for the suggestion!

Val ;-)

PS. Not everyone uses the Translate Feature to create a SignText document. I rarely use that feature. Usually I write documents in SignText from scratch…writing directly in a sign language…without thinking of spoken languages at all. So a Translate Back feature could only work if the person used the Translate Feature to create the document (and did not make any changes to the signs after they were loaded into SignText)…

---------