Thank you for this discussion, and thanks to Stefan and Adam for posting your writing.

To answer your question, Rafaela….Where are the little symbols for the mouth in SignPuddle?

They are under Teeth, but you can use them for any small movement on the Face and Mouth…Here is a screen capture of the place in SignPuddle. Click on Teeth, and there they are:

On Jun 18, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

I agree with Rafaela. The symbol seems well formed. Start with the flat mouth and add a trill symbol, but I can't find it in the obvious places on SignPuddle.

Charles Butler
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

From: Rafaela Silva <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: Mouth symbols

Hello.

Does anyone know where is the fisrt image? I can't find the symbol at SignPuddle...

Rafaela

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:44:50 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

What a very interesting question. I am not sure if I am seeing the same thing that you are asking, but ASL has some things that are very similar. So I will write how I would write those things.

1 - This is the mouth movement that ASL has with starting a motorcycle.

2 - ASL has a mouth movement that is often written in English as "PAH", so I just added down arrows to show that it repeats more that once.

I hope that this helps.

Adam