Hi Rafaela, Valerie, Adam, ...

Well in order to „understand“ what the reader is supposed to do,  it is better to minimize the guessing game.

- smile -

As  I understood Rafaela – she asked for a way to write a sign that shows a mouth as if saying (without voice) “brumm”  or “papa”

This is what we call “Mundbilder” within SignWriting – This kind of speechwriting is already pretty good defined and it can be adopted to various “spoken languages” if you focus on the symbols that are already defined...

In this case it is no problem to write four head circles and the additional “Mundbilder”

In the end you show up with a written sign that is exact and easy to understand, to perform, to read ...

Of course there are other signs in sign languages that ask for mouth-movements and facial expressions that are not associated with spoken language but with mimic.

Stefan