SignWriting List
August 16, 2012

On Jul 29, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Maria Galea wrote:
do you think you could send me the links to the things we discussed over skype - well mainly the site  that mentions signwriting as a world script and names it.. this definitely needs to be included in the literature review. I didn't copy the link and can't find it again!
thank you for your encouragement! :)
maria

--------

Hello Maria and everyone on the SignWriting List!

On October 10, 2006, SignWriting was registered as one of the "World Scripts", by the International Bureau of Standardizations (ISO).

Go to:

ISO 15924 Registry of World Scripts
http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html

and scroll down.

SignWriting is categorized as:
Sgnw, 095, SignWriting, SignEcriture, 2006-10-10

When you go look up SignWriting in the English Wikipedia, you will see this information to the right on the page, in a box…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting

Hope this helps, Maria!

Keep asking questions to the SignWriting List - someone will answer ;-))

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignPuddle Online
Write SignWriting in the Clouds!