Hi Val and everyone,
I did follow your instruction below. It does not work. If your screen is white on black, did you follow my instruction? Here are;
- sighted dictionary (Quebec SignPuddle)
- Click on Search by Word button.
- Type papa.
- Click on Rewrite Sign button.
- Do you see any symbols for PAPA ?
- Sighted dictionnay (Quebec SignPuddle)
- Click on SignMaker button.
- Choose handshape 1 (Index)
- Paste and drop it in the box.
- Do you see a symbol for Index? (It dispears).
If you follow my instructions above, it works for your Mac computer and I would like to contact you via Skype. It will be easy to show my screen what you see.
August 31, 2012
I just tried it and it worked for me…
I suspect that you need to change your User Interface (UI) from the Blind User Interface to the French User Interface by clicking on the Change UI Language button...
Here is how.
1. Open the Sighted Quebec Dictionary.
2. Scroll down. Look to the left at the bottom of icons. Find the "Change UI Language"…
3. Click on "Change UI Language".
4. Click on "French User Interface".
It should work then - When you do this you exit from the Blind User Interface…
What we should do is take the Blind User Interface away and then there will be no problems ;-)
On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:52 PM, André Thibeault wrote:
Hi Val, Steve and everyone,
It does not work.
Steve, do you know ASL? If yes, I would like to contact you via Skype.
IF not, I will meet with Val or Adam via Skype. I will show the screen to
you, her or him.
Le 12-08-31 12:31, « Valerie Sutton » <[log in to unmask]
> a écrit :
August 31, 2012
Thank you, Steve, for helping us. I figured that was the case. Restart
your computer and then do not access the Blind icon, but always stay
within the Sighted buttons, so you do not have the screen reversed for
Windows. Now that you are on a Macintosh, you do not need special
programming to see the symbols because of the Mac feature of auto-reverse
of everything on the MacŠ
Technically we do not need the Blind buttons any longer, but I could keep
them and make it clear that they are only for Windows, not the Mac...
On Aug 31, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
Accessing the blind interface sets a value that inverts the symbol
colors. This value is set as long as the session is active. It should
be enough to quit the browser and restart. If that doesn't work, please
reboot the computer.