SignWriting List
October 9, 2012

Hello SignWriting List!

A friend of mine just gave our new ASL Wikipedia Project a Twitter account…. (big smile ;-)

I am not sure how Twitter can help us, but it looks great!

ASLWikipedia on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ASLWikipedia/

We are trying to raise funds to help pay for software development and hopefully, someday, we might be able to hire ASL writers to be editors and to write lots of articles… This is a US national project. In time we hope to encourage Wikipedias in other sign languages and countries too, of course.

Thank you to all the sign language writers in the world!

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee

2. Laurent Clerc

4. City of Helen, Georgia
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Helen,_Georgia