Hi Val,

Do I understand this correctly?

This symbol isn't in the ISWA 2010.

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

It can be constructed with pieces, but does not exist as a precomposed unit.

Conceptually, it has been replaced with this?

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

We've discussed adding new handshapes and facial expressions.  It will take a few years to identify and add any symbols to the ISWA 2010 addendum.  Symbols will not be added individually, but in packs.  This is the first facial expression I've seen that we might want to consider adding to a list of potentials. Not saying we should, only that we could.  I know that conceptually, Stefan will probably need additional mouth shapes.  Is there estimate on the number of new facial expressions that we'll need to consider?

Real life pictures of all facial expressions do not exist.  It would be a great project for anyone looking for a way to support SignWriting.

Regards,
-Steve