SignWriting List
December 4, 2012

Hello Honza and everyone -
Thank you for this question…please see my answer below your question…scroll down…

------

On Dec 4, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Honza wrote:

Hi Val,

where in SignPuddle (SignMaker) can I find this symbol for tongue between tight lips?

thanks
Honza

--------------

Val's answer:

1. Look at the web page showing Ingvild Roald demonstrating similar positions from Norwegian Sign Language:

How to write Tonge between lips:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less076.html

Does your position look the same or is similar?

2. To find the symbols for number 1 above, in SignPuddle Online, here is a diagram. Click on the Tongue group, and it is the third one down in the listing that results:

3. If these symbols are not what you want, the symbol that you show in your example does not exist in the ISWA 2010, but you can construct it with little pieces of symbols in the ISWA 2010… I guess your symbol shows the tongue pressed between the lips in the center, rather than a little bit on the upper or lower lip as the Norwegian symbols show…that is a miniscule difference but I am glad to know about your need…

Has this answer helped?

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignPuddle Online