Would love to participate,

Ingvild

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:18:06 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: idea for SW book
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all! As some of you know, I am (slowly) working on a book
about SW  its development and use across different international sites
(including the transnational listserv). As part of this research Ive traveled
to visit Valerie and some other list members, such as Stefan and Maria. Id
love to visit everyone on the list (at least, every one who was willing!) but
unfortunately my limited funding wont allow that. Still, I really want as many
interested SignWriters as possible to participate in the book. To that end, I
have an idea and Im curious what you all think about it.

What if we selected some kind of passage that all of you who
were willing could translate into your respective sign language and write up
using SW? I could devote a chapter of the book to these different texts, which
would allow for a comparison across both different sign languages and different
ways of using SW. Each writer could perhaps reflect on the choices they made in
translating and writing their document, including perhaps how their
backgrounds/goals affect these choices. And perhaps participants could also
provide their own thoughts about what we can learn from the comparison of these
texts.

This is just my initial idea  if you have other ideas
please let me know!

Thanks!
Erika
--