Subject: Fwd: [access-announcements] Third International SLTAT Symposium Call for PapersDate: January 24, 2013 10:28:02 PM PSTReply-To: "linguists interested in signed languages" <[log in to unmask]>Begin forwarded message:From: "R. J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>Date: January 24, 2013 2:31:25 PM PSTSubject: [access-announcements] Third International SLTAT Symposium Call for PapersReply-To: ACCESS-ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
The Third International Symposium on Sign Language Translation and Avatar Technology [SLTAT 2013] seeks papers on topics relevant to sign language translation and avatar technology such as the ones listed below. Authors are encouraged to submit papers of eight single-spaced pages or less. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Selected revised papers will be included in a dedicated special issue of the International Journal of Universal Access in the Information Society (http://www.springer.com/computer/hci/journal/10209) .
- Lexicographic and linguistic approaches
- Use of corpora to inform translation
- Modeling of signing space for translation
- Handling of productive signs, classifier constructions, and constructed action
- Incorporation of non-manual features in production
- Consideration of emotional and prosodic aspects
- Requirements for signing avatar technology
- Linguistically-informed notations for gestural animation
- Use of corpora to inform animation
- Realistic animation of manual and bodily gestures
- Flexibility in animation of facial gestures and mouthing
- Evaluation results for practical translation systems
- Evaluation methodologies for signing translation systems
- Realism and acceptability of signing avatars
- Efficient content creation and editing tools for signing texts
Submit papers via the conference Web at https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?timeout=1;conf=sltat2013 site no later than July 15th, 2013. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Notifications will be sent on or near August 19th, 2013.
For more information, see http://sltat.cs.depaul.edu To be included on the mailing contact [log in to unmask].