In ASL there is a specific lexical mouth morpheme that goes with the sign FINISH.  It looks more like "fsh" than the full formal English word.  ASL does not mouth the English words, it uses the mouth for other grammatical purposes...

cherie

From: Stefan Wöhrmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:15 PM
Subject: AW: Writing Non Manual Signals

Hi Natasha, Adam, Erika and friends,

well you know that I am working for more than a decade on developing/inventing  a symbolset to describe what the mouth, the lips, the tongue are doing while performing movement as if somebody is speaking—I call this kind of symbols “Mundbilder”  So this has nothing to do with sound but only with kind of lipreading –

The spelling depends on your focus. If you want to really understand exactly what the mouth is doing I would transcribe the complete set of Mundbilder that represents the “pronouncing” of “finish”

[log in to unmask]" height="122" width="150">

If you just want to support the reader – who already knows what is going on looking at the movement of the hands. And if you just want to give a hint that there is a performance coming from the mouth as well – the informed reader will be satisfied just to read the beginning ...

In this case I would write the sign “finish” this way  --

[log in to unmask]" height="90" width="172">

Regards

Stefan