From: Adam Frost <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Handshapes used in ASL
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 10:27 PM

I have been looking at the Symbol Frequency in SignPuddle to see what handshapes would truly be necessary in ASL. What I did was I added symbols with high frequency automatically and then looked at the handshapes that had a low number to judge if the signs written could be written with or with a different symbol from my personal experience. Below is the list that I have come up with. I was quite amazed that there were only 83. Are there any handshapes that you feel I might have errorously ignored or overzealously added?

Adam