On 5/6/13 2:36 PM, Asmaa Shaban wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Greeting Dr Stephen and All :
From my understanding around the project :
1- the SVG is used to draw signs as for example (fig2)

This is correct.  We are using SVG primarily until the TrueType Font is perfected.

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
2-  I should  do the FSW for each sign and also define its word in arabic as for example  (fig 1) where the user  when enter the FSW or the word in arabic , the sign is returned .
The FSW is the mathematical name of the sign.  The SVG image is created from the FSW.

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
3- But here i do not understand  how to link among the SVG file (fig2) and the dictionary file (fig 1) .
thanks in advance

The SVG file is created from the FSW.  The open source project the "SignWriting Icon Server" is able to create the SVG from the FSW.

I just published the first release candidate for the SignWriting Icon Server.  You can grab the source from Github and install your own, or you can use one of the several existing SignWriting Icon Servers available online.  I would suggest the Wikimedia Labs based server.

Github source: https://github.com/Slevinski/swis

Wikimedai Labs server: http://swis.wmflabs.org
SignBank Server: http://signbank.org/swis

Specifically, the "glyphogram.php" script is used to create the SVG.
http://swis.wmflabs.org/glyphogram.php?font=svg&text=M528x546S14c18472x463S14c10503x454S2ea18481x511S2ea08513x501S2fd00494x540

You can call this script directly or learn to use the SignWriting Thin Viewer for website in general.

Regards,
-Steve