From: "Valerie Sutton" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: SignWriting Workshop At The Beach!
Date: May 9, 2013 9:07:48 AM PDT
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello Erika and Mark!

Erika… I am glad you can come to the SignWriting workshop "at the beach" in July… that is great you got funding ;-)

Mark… I guess my wording does seem unusual… We are not writing signs in the sand! Ha! - Although we could..smile…

I guess it doesn't sound like a serious workshop, but a lot can get done "at the beach" - the relaxed atmosphere is good for new ideas… it can stimulate new SignWriting projects that continue for years to come...

Actually the workshop is being held, 5 days out of the seven days, at the La Jolla Recreation Center, which is exactly one block from the beach…and I suspect that some of us might want to walk down to the beach and continue the workshop while we are sitting on the sand…why not? ;-)

There will be three teachers, so we can divide into groups if we want to…

On the 4th of July and the 7th - it will be on my deck at my home -

Anyway, all are welcome and we do have some funding for those who cannot afford the entry fee…scholarships are available...

Val ;-)

---------