May 11, 2013

Hello James!
Thank you for posting your new handbook!

So the 875 signs that you mention in your message below…are they in the many individual pdfs you just posted? And are those the signs that my nephew should enter into SignPuddle for you? He is ready and willing to start the work as soon as you are ready…

These pages seem to have vocabulary, so we could download all the pdfs on your site and start entering the signs into SignPuddle for Nicaragua…is that what you want?

---------

On May 11, 2013, at 8:43 AM, James Shepard-Kegl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The entire handbook is now available on the web by going to www.nicaraguansignlanguageprojects.org and downloading the desired link (under "projects now and future" section.)  The links are divided into the grammar and syntax sections (English or Spanish versions) and 18 vocabulary topics:  adjetivos opuestos (opposite adjectives), alimento (food), animals (animals), calendario y la hora (calendar and time), ciudad y campo (city and country), clima (weather), colores (color), en la casa (in the house), escuela (school), familia (family), geografia (geography), medico (medical), negacion y afirmacion (negation and affirmation), sentiminetos (sentiments), transporte (transportation), verbos (verbs)
>
> The only sections not available are the acknowledgements page and indexes.
>
> There are about 875 sign entries (with SW transcriptions) -- a mere sampling, of course.  The grammar & syntax section is far from exhaustive but, I hope, will be helpful to serious students of this or really any signed language.
>
> -- James

-------

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages