Here are some open source platforms that such a social network be setup with.

http://dzineblog.com/2010/03/top-10-open-source-platforms-that-allow-you-to-build-your-own-social-network.html

On 6/16/2013 5:31 PM, maria galea wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Valerie,
I know some time ago you had said you are finding it very difficult to  keep up with and upload all works in SignWriting or related to SignWriting.
So I was wondering - what about a type of SignWriting social network that allows individuals to post their documents and works.. a type of academia.com or researchgate.com or something like http://www.zotero.org/
i have no idea, what this involves, because of course i just sit at my laptop log in and upload - so i have no idea what is involved on the technical side maybe it's not so feasible..but just thought i'd suggest it.
will be in touch soon,
maria

--

email: [log in to unmask]