 From: Adam Frost <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: Hola

Many people assume that the line on the rotation symbol is the arm. It isn't. Not exactly. Think of it more of an Axis of Rotation. Usually your arm does fall on this axis, but not always because you could produce this sign with your arm in different angles. That is why it is best not to write the rotation as if it is the arm, but just like any other movement arrow. Here is my rewriting of the same sign. Notice that I also removed the touch contact. I have started doing this when the symbols already show the contact because it makes it so there is less to read.

Adam

On May 29, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

Resending in case you couldn't see the graphics the first time.

>This sign "Hola" or hello in English.  Seems to be fine.
>

>But I was expecting to find the the parallel to wall rotation
      symbol on an angle which would be the same place as the arm would
      be.  I know that the parallel to wall lines where first drawn as
      the arm itself, so I guess that's why I was expecting the parallel
      to wall rotation in different positions.