My response to this, and any other sign with a facial circle, is that it makes it impossible to spell. If you just put a facial circle without an arc, there is no way to tell, by visual inspection, by the spelling, where that hand is on the face. It may make it faster to write, but to sort by visual, that hand put anywhere on the edge of the facial circle would have the same spelling because there is no arc there.

Charles Butler
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

From: Adam Frost <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: Hola

Many people assume that the line on the rotation symbol is the arm. It isn't. Not exactly. Think of it more of an Axis of Rotation. Usually your arm does fall on this axis, but not always because you could produce this sign with your arm in different angles. That is why it is best not to write the rotation as if it is the arm, but just like any other movement arrow. Here is my rewriting of the same sign. Notice that I also removed the touch contact. I have started doing this when the symbols already show the contact because it makes it so there is less to read.

Adam