SignWriting List
June 12, 2013

Dear SW Listers...
I received an email asking if we had a SignPuddle for International Signing…and do we have a book that teaches International Signing using SignWriting? Here was my answer:

Val wrote:

Unfortunately the answer is no. Do you mean the International signing that is used in Western Europe? which usually isn't designed for the Far East… and then there is Gestuno, which is different yet again...

On SignPuddle we attempted to have International puddles… Here are the ones we have:

Dictionary International
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=35

Literature International (Anthropology Book Project that has not gotten started yet)
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=150

SignUno (Vortaro) (This is an international sign language connected with Esperanto)
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=11&sgn=54

and then there is this old project:

International Signs Project
http://www.signwriting.org/uk/GB01.html

there are some old SignWriter DOS files which I cannot find for that project…I hope to find them someday ;-)

If you learn International signing it would be wonderful if you could write the signs in this puddle -

Dictionary International
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=35

Many thanks for your question...

SignWriting