Hi Steve,
    The one that came to mind first was the area of the country where the sign is used.
    How about whether or not the verb is  directional.  I think this piece of information could be important anyone piece of information.
    I am also thinking marking the verb's transitivity (whether the action is applied to another object)  but would be interested on other list member's point on view on this.
    What to the rest of you think of links to other entries for synonyms and antonyms?

    For Maria's number 4 below I think having a list of links to other related entries would be useful.

  I was also wondering, when I sign has several meanings, are going to put all definitions under the same entry or an entry with each with the SignWriting repeated?
  Will you be creating one database for all the puddles?  Or one per puddle?

Also when you finish this discussion, I would like to look over your proposed database schema, so I can give my 2 cents worth, if you are open to that.

Jonathan