August 29, 2013

There are several new members who joined today…Welcome!  I hope you will introduce yourselves and feel free to ask questions any time… One person asked me the following the question:

QUESTION
"How do I translate from text to SignWriting for my PowerPoint presentation?"

ANSWER
Thank you for the question. PowerPoint is a wonderful tool for the classroom.

Here is how I would do it:

Open PowerPoint and open your SignPuddle dictionary. For example, to open the ASL Dictionary in SignPuddle go to:

ASL Dictionary in SignPuddle Online
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=4

1. In SignPuddle, click on the Translate Button on the left

2. In the Translate box, type in the word HELLO.

3. Press Translate.

4. You will find many choices for the word HELLO in ASL. Choose the one you want, and click on that Radio Button.

Now you can drag and drop the sign from SignPuddle to your PowerPoint, or you can right-click on the sign, and copy and paste. See attached diagram:

Ask more questions!